$450 / 300ft² - Fun Roommate Wanted in Chesapeake (Chesapeake)
Looking for a roomate to occupy my first floor bedroom. Room is roughly 15x18 and includes a closet and private bathroom. Utilities included.
I am a 23 year old professional looking for someone who is also employed full-time and doesn't mind guests and who does more than just work and sleep. I am active during most of the week but enjoy relaxing on weekends and some weekday evenings when possible and would enjoy a roomate who shares the same schedule.Please note that I did not specify my gender in the ad. I did this intentionally, partially as an experiment and also to ensure that the respondants valued my qualities and expectations as a roomate primarily. I have no gender preference and see no need to provide that information at the outset.
I occasionally have friends over and welcome your guests as well. I have a living room with TV, eat-in kitchen, and back deck as common area. Verizon FIOS included in rent. Washer and dryer available as well.
Must be employed and financially responsible. Cash preferred.
Send me an email with questions and interest.
I was surprised at the responses, here is the tally of responses by gender so far:
Male: 6 (one was homosexual)
Female: 13
Unknown: 1 *I did not respond and the name was not enough to give me an idea on gender.
Now, the question is, what is it that makes women more inclined to respond? Are they more prolific Craigslist users? Perhaps they appreciate my proper grammer and clear definitions of the ad? What is it about this ad that is more attractive to them?
No comments:
Post a Comment