I must confess, the end of this blog might be near. Although in actuality I seriously doubt that.
The folks in the breakroom are aware that I am able to hear everything that goes on in there. However, the circumstances behind their discovery are the amusing, of course.
I overheard them discussing the logistics of a coworker who was picking up lunch that day for everyone. In fact, she picks up lunch every day. Regardless, it was questioned about why she was taking so long. She had been delivering some supplies somewhere and was intending to get lunches on her way back. Knowing this, the group still felt the need to discuss which Subway or Quiznos she was going to and virtually gave her advice about the best choice. This is a grown woman we are talking about, someone who is expert in getting lunch for a large group and fully capable of locating restaurants.
I texted this individual the ridiculous conversation that was going on, and she sent a text to one of the breakroom divas saying exactly which restaurant she was going to and when she would be back. They wondered how she knew they had been wondering this, and suspected me. I did not deny my knowledge of this, and afterwards conversation got incredibly quiet. I couldn't hear anything but "psssspsppssppsspp" for the next 20 mins.
A day later, I have noticed that volume levels have returned to normal so it appears they have a short term memory about my ability to capture conversation. Starting next post I will begin introducing the characters in further details as I intend to take these posts a bit more seriously. It is the least I can do for you, dear readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment